Senior Registered Psychologist
Areas of Focus
- PTSD and Trauma
- Stress, burnout and workplace issues
- Workcover and Insurance claims
- Gender and sexuality
- Identity, self-esteem and self-worth issues
- Weight loss and weight management
- Life transitions, Adjustment difficulties and Behavioural issues
- Relationship, Interpersonal problems and communication difficulties
Kirsteen has over ten years’ experience working as a Psychologist with both adults and children in both private practice and within primary and high school settings.
Kirsteen is an Education and Developmental Psychologist who uses a holistic strengths-based approach in supporting her clients, couples and families. She draws on her skills in evidence-based therapies such as cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and Mindfulness practices.
Kirsteen has a special interest in anxiety and trauma and is currently completing training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) to further support her clients in obtaining the best treatment outcomes.
Kirsteen enjoys hosting networking and social gatherings in her spare time as she has a passion for bringing people together and building a sense of community and belonging.
Kirsteen offers in-office, teleconference and online counselling.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Master of Education & Developmental Psychology
Types of Clients
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), and Mindfulness practices
Request an Appointment
10:00am – 7:00pm
2:30pm – 7:00pm
10:00am – 4:00pm
50-60 minutes. Contact our office for fee
Medicare Health Plan Rebate
$126.50 per session