Individual Counselling Brisbane
Going through a tough period in your life? Need some support with a career change? Want some advice on contending with mental health or physical illness? We are here to provide you with support, guidance, and care when you need it the most.
Whether you have seen a counsellor before or have never sought help in the past, you are welcome here at the Centre for Human Potential. We are highly trained and experienced clinicians who are committed to your care and growth.
Our clients come to us to learn new skills to help them deal with the things in their life. We would love to see you here with us and are here to provide a range of counselling services which complement and enhance your own skill set.
Everyone is different. We ensure your counsellor suits your personality and requirements.
We are qualified psychologists who are dedicated to your treatment and care. We operate using proven treatment methods and work with you to manage your mental health concerns and provide support and guidance when you need it the most. We give you the tools you need to enhance your emotional health, your resilience, and your overall wellbeing.
- Dealing with a crisis?
- Are you wanting to gain greater confidence?
- Need self-improvement tips and guidance on changing careers?
- Are you contending with mental and/or physical illness?
We have a range of psychologists and counsellors who can assist you with your treatment – and we always strive to match your needs to the person best suited to help you. Whether you are dealing with PTSD, working through anxiety, or wanting advice on professional growth and development, we will ensure that your treating counsellor is someone who you trust and who you benefit from working with.
Using counselling to move forward with health and happiness
Perhaps everything in your life is going along fine, but you feel anxious, depressed, or unhappy anyway. Or you might have experienced a relationship break down, or gone through a traumatic event. No matter what you’re going through, our Brisbane CBD counselling services can help you understand your feelings, identify underlying patterns or beliefs, and shed light on the factors that may be impacting your emotions and behaviours.
- Learn new behaviours and/or responses to help you move toward your goals, and bring a sense of balance, stability, contentment, and happiness.
- Work with an experienced and committed counsellor to achieve the personal results you want to see.
- Discover tips and strategies that can assist you in a range of personal development areas.
How we approach individual counselling
Every clinician is different, and the way in which your individual counselling session will run will often depend on what you need to get from your session.
- On your first visit to us, we will get more of an idea about what you are seeking help with. We’ll get some information and history from you and will go through some possible ‘homework’ at the end of your session. This might be a book to read, a test to do, or some kind of
- Depending on the kind of therapeutic style that your counsellor uses you might find that you are engaged in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) or Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). You might get some mindfulness exercises to do, or you may be asked to journal some recurring patterns to help you and your counsellor identify
- You can lead the treatment as much as you like, and we welcome you to provide feedback on what is working for you in your sessions.
We work with people from all walks of life, all backgrounds, all areas, and all presenting problems. Whether you are seeking counselling for a newly-diagnosed illness or need assistance with changing careers, we have a therapist who can assist you.
Outcomes from your counselling sessions with our Brisbane counsellors
The outcomes from your counselling sessions will depend on the severity of your issue, as well as on a range of other factors. It is important to note that there are no deadlines for achieving a certain outcome; your health and wellbeing is something that can change from moment to moment, and the very fact that you are contemplating treatment is something to be commended.
Just know that if you are feeling lost, or feeling hopeless, that things do change; things get better and we are here to give you the support you need to take that first step into a new stage in your life and health.