Whether you have seen a counsellor before or have never sought help in the past, you are welcome here at the Centre for Human Potential. We are highly trained and experienced clinicians who are committed to your care and growth.
Our clients come to us to learn new skills to help them deal with the things in their life. We are here to provide a range of counselling services which complement and enhance your own skill set.
Everyone is different. We ensure your counsellor suits your personality and requirements.
We have qualified psychologists who are dedicated to your treatment and care. We operate using proven treatment methods and work with you to manage your mental health concerns and provide support and guidance when you need it the most. We give you the tools you need to enhance your emotional health, your resilience, and your overall wellbeing.
- Are you dealing with a crisis?
- Do you want to gain greater confidence?
- Are you contending with mental and/or physical illness?
We have a range of psychologists who can assist you with your treatment – and we always strive to match your needs to the person best suited to help you. Whether you are dealing with PTSD, working through anxiety, or dealing with depression, your treating psychologist is someone whom you trust to work with you and provide support.
Contact us today to book your appointment or call us now on (07) 3211 1117.
Using counselling to move forward with health and happiness
Perhaps everything in your life is going along fine, but you feel anxious, depressed, or unhappy anyway. Or you might have experienced a relationship break down, or have gone through a traumatic event. No matter what you’re going through, our Brisbane CBD counselling services can help you understand your feelings, identify underlying patterns or beliefs, and shed light on the factors that may be impacting your emotions and behaviours.
- Learn new behaviours and/or responses to help you move toward your goals, and bring a sense of balance, stability, contentment, and happiness.
- Discover tools and strategies that can assist you in a range of personal development areas.
How we approach individual counselling
Every psychologist is different, and the way in which your individual counselling session will run will often depend on what you need to get from your session.
- On your first visit to us, we will get more of an idea about what you are seeking help with. We’ll get some information and history from you and will go through some possible ‘homework’ at the end of your session. This might be a book to read, a test to do, some things to think about, or some kind of exercise
- Psychologists are trained in evidence based therapeutic techniques, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) or Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), each of which are widely accepted therapies. You may find that mindfulness exercises are beneficial, or you may be asked to journal some recurring patterns to help you and your counsellor identify
We work with people from all walks of life, all backgrounds, all areas, and all presenting problems. Whether you are seeking counselling for a newly-diagnosed illness or need support with changing careers, we have a psychologist who can assist you.
Outcomes from your counselling sessions with our Brisbane counsellors
The outcomes from your counselling sessions will depend on the severity of your issue, as well as on a range of other factors.
It is important to note that there are no deadlines for achieving a certain outcome; your health and wellbeing is something that can change from moment to moment, and the very fact that you are contemplating treatment is something to be commended.
Just know that if you are feeling lost, or feeling hopeless, that things do change; things can get better, and we are here to give you the support you need to take that first step into a new stage in your life and health.
Please give us a call with any questions so that we might answer you more personally.
You can call us on (07) 3211 1117 or contact us online to make an appointment.
Speak with us