Phone / Online Counselling is a flexible and convenient way to access our counselling services. Clients engage with their counsellor or psychologist in “real time” whilst maintaining the same level of privacy and confidentiality they would come to expect during a visit to our office. Just like face to face counselling, remote counselling online allows for in-depth therapy by enabling clients to communicate online in real time via a video and/or voice connection.
This Mode of Counselling is Suitable for Those Who:
- Live in remote regions or have limited access to transport
- Have limited mobility
- Have exceptional privacy needs
- Maintain a particularly busy schedule
How to Get Started
Getting started with an phone/online counselling appointment is easy. Just follow these 3 simple steps!
- Your Phone / Online Counselling appointments should be scheduled with our reception staff in the same way a traditional appointment is booked.
- On the day of the appointment, payment for the session is made over the phone using credit card before clients “meet” their therapist online.
- Once an online session has been initiated, the client and therapist interact via live video for 45 – 60 min.
Are There Any Limitations?
Although there are some limitations to online counselling due to the absence of some nonverbal cues (body language), online counselling does provide an adequate environment for the development of a therapeutic relationship and is well suited to the process of counselling therapy.
Research has shown that despite the limitation present, remote counselling can be a successful way to provide expert, personalised counselling therapy for a broad spectrum of specific mental health, emotional or behavioural concerns.
System Requirements for Online Counselling
Currently, Centre for Human Potential uses an Internet Video conferencing platform for our online counselling sessions. As the client, you will need a reliable high-speed internet connection, telephone and a webcam.