Why engage a coach when you are an already successful leader?
There are many reasons that an already successful leader or executive might choose to work with a professional coach:
- Something significant is at stake – a challenge, stretch goal or opportunity that is urgent, compelling or exciting
- There is a gap in knowledge, skills, confidence, or resources in your leadership team
- Clarity is needed around choices to be made
- A culture change is needed to support impending organisational changes
- A leader is extremely successful and success has started to become problematic
- Work and life are out of balance, and this is creating unwanted consequences
- A leader has not identified his or her core strengths and how best to leverage them
- There is a desire to accelerate results within an organisation.
What is Coaching?
Coaching is defined by the International Coaches Federation as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential”.
Coaching is a collaborative partnership between a professional certified coach and a willing individual, which connects at the deep personal level of beliefs, values and vision.
Coaching is rooted in the belief that we all have what it takes and the capability to find the answers. Sometimes, we just need a thinking partner to support the self-discovery to arrive at what lies within.
Coaching is about leveraging one’s individual strengths and capacity to realize extraordinary personal and professional results as a leader and for organizations.
It enables goal setting and specific action through a process of directed discovery. Coaching is based in a body of knowledge and a style of relating that focuses on the development of human capacity.
Personal coaching follows a methodology of working with you to identify your desired outcomes – career transitions, life changes, personal growth – and enabling you – through authentic observation and objective questioning – to successfully progress towards your stated outcomes.
Executive coaching is for senior business leaders and their teams who want to become even more successful and productive.
Each of our experienced coaches has business or corporate leadership experience and is formally trained in coaching. They follow a proven methodology to generate measurable behaviour change in leaders and leadership teams.
How long is a coaching engagement?
Coaching duration varies with each situation and individual. Most leaders recognise that change requires an investment of time and effort so our coaching is typically sold in increments of 6, 9 and 18 month durations.
Single coaching sessions are available for those unique situations where an objective sounding board is needed urgently for a situation of short duration.