Life transitions, chronic health problems, gender and identity issues, ageing, death, powerlessness, isolation, interpersonal difficulties, depression, anxiety and workplace stress are key areas of interest for Senior Clinical Psychologist Dr. Wee Hong (Sam) Tan.
Sam, an English and Mandarin speaking Brisbane Psychologist, is a warm and empathetic clinical psychologist who creates a safe and validating environment for his clients. He aims to help clients understand their challenges and themselves better so they can implement changes that enable them to live rich and meaningful lives.
He is also a queer-affirming therapist who has a keen interest in serving members of the LGBTIQ community.
Sam has been working with clients for the past 11 years in various clinical settings across two countries. He has gained considerable experience helping people with:
- Mood issues (depression, bipolar disorder)
- Anxiety (generalized anxiety disorder or GAD, panic disorder, OCD, PTSD, phobias, social anxiety, health anxiety)
- Life transitions and adjustment to chronic health problems (including HIV, IBS, chronic pain, diabetes, renal failure)
- Identity issues (including self-esteem issues, issues arising from early-life experience)
- Ageing and existential issues (including death, powerlessness, isolation, desire/need for meaning and responsibility)
- Interpersonal difficulties (including family, partner and work relationships)
Sam’s approach to therapy is eclectic. He tailors his approach to meet each client’s needs. He is most interested in therapeutic approaches which help people relate better with themselves, relate better with others and help people to live a full life given existential limits.
Sam is also interested in therapeutic writing and often uses it for his own personal development.
Sam strives to build a strong empathetic and validating relationship with all his clients regardless of the therapy approach he may take with each client.
Brisbane counselling sessions with Sam are available in English or Mandarin.
Mandarin Psychologist Brisbane
- 焦炉症 (广泛性焦炉症，强迫症，创伤症候群，社交候群，恐惧症，恐慌症)
- 生活改变及对慢性疾病的调整 (e.g., HIV，肠胃易焦症，慢性疼痛，糖尿病等等)
- 身份问题(e.g., 自尊心问题，性别疑惑，成长时遗留的阴影)
Sam 会为每个个案调阵他的辅导方法以便帮助个案满足心理需求。他最擅长利用Humanistic-Existential 辅导方式帮助个案友善地面对自己，他人以及不能避免的生存问题。
– Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
– Behaviour Therapy
– Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
– Humanistic-Existential Therapies (including Person-Centered Therapy, Emotion-Focused Therapy, Focusing-Oriented Therapy)
– Solution-Focused Therapy
– Therapeutic Writing
请个案注意 － 我们的柜台工作人员只会讲英语。您得请会英语的朋友／家人拨电和Sam 预约。
- Individual males
- Individual females
- Late adolescence (17 years old+)
- Older adults (60+)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Humanistic Existential Therapies (including Person-Centered Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy or EFT, Focusing Oriented Therapy)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Therapeutic Writing
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Psychology (1st Class Honours)
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical and Health Psychology)
- Specialist Registration – Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA)