Psychological therapy in English and Mandarin Chinese for people with social anxiety, social awkwardness (usually due to a combination of being anxious around people, difficulties with social skills and a sense of low self-esteem); and low self-esteem is where clinical psychologist Wee Chong excels.
Wee Chong is a warm and humorous person. His approach to psychotherapy is person-centered. He focuses on understanding the person beyond their emotional problems. Wee Chong likes to help people better connect to themselves, others and the world they live in. Being keen on self-development, he also ‘walks his talk’ by applying his therapy methods and tools on himself.
Having worked in the mental health field in Singapore and Australia over the last 11+ years and now a Brisbane CBD psychologist, Wee Chong has clinical experience helping adults (18 and over) with:
- Anxiety disorders (Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety, PTSD, specific phobias, social anxiety and OCD)
- Issues faced by people adjusting to a new culture – particularly people from Asian backgrounds
- Depression and bipolar disorder
- Grief and loss struggles
- Low self-esteem
- Issues faced by Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered persons (sexual orientation, coming out, sexual identity, gender identity, discrimination)
- Adjustment to chronic health problems (irritable bowel syndrome, HIV, chronic pain)
- Struggles of caregivers of persons with dementia
- Struggles with studying
Wee Chong has a special interest in social awkwardness (usually due to a combination of being anxious around people, difficulties with social skills and a sense of low self-esteem), social anxiety and low self-esteem.
Wee Chong provides psychological therapy in English and Mandarin Chinese.
Note: Wee Chong does not handle medico-legal cases, medico-legal reports nor drug and alcohol addiction issues.
- Young Adults (18 years and above)
- Adults (including the elderly)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered persons
- People from different cultures
- Person Centred Psychotherapies including:
- Focusing-Oriented Therapy (FOT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Psychology)(Hons)
- Member, Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency