A Brisbane CBD couples psychologist available evenings and weekends, Chaminga uses a gentle, client-centered therapeutic approach to help create lasting and meaningful changes in her clients’ lives. She was born in New Zealand and has worked as a psychologist across various cross-cultural mental health settings in New Zealand, Australia, Sri Lanka and the United Kingdom.
Chaminga provides therapeutic counselling and relationship counselling in Brisbane to adults, children and couples in issues relating to:
- WorkCover and insurance claims (provide your claim number and case worker)
- Immigration assessments and reports
- Marriage and relationship problems
- Addictions (ongoing support after rehabilitation)
- Weight management and health issues
- Stress, bullying, workplace stress
- Self esteem, self worth
- Behavioural and adjustment issues
- Grief and loss
- Abuse, domestic violence
- Life and workplace issues.
Immigration Assessments and Reports – Each person has unique needs for immigration reports so an initial session with Chaminga is required to discuss these requirements. Please speak with your immigration lawyer first and ask her/him to provide you with written documentation as to what is needed to support your application and bring that information to your initial appointment. At the initial appointment, Chaminga will review your history and what reports and assessments are needed. An estimate will be provided for the cost to do the assessments and generate the report after the initial appointment. Full payment will be required prior to release of any assessment or report.
Chaminga is passionate about supporting people to reach their true potential, improve their relationships and lead happier, more meaningful lives. She values diversity, flexibility, and self-understanding in both her professional and personal life. More than 10 years of professional experience allows her to approach therapy from a place of deep understanding. She believes that developing a strong rapport with clients is a good foundation for evidence-based therapeutic techniques.
Individuals and Couples Counselling with Chaminga is available in English and Sinhalese.
Brisbane WorkCover Claims – please provide your claim number and case worker’s name.
- Work Cover Claims (we will need your claim number and case worker's name)
- Couples - heterosexual
- Couples - same sex
- Young Children
- Youth - under 18
- Individual Males
- Individual Females
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Straight
- Gottman and Imago couples and relationship therapies
- 1-2-3 Magic Parenting for 2-12 year olds
- 1-2-3 Magic Engaging Adolescents for 12-18 year olds
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Mindfulness-based therapies
- Post Graduate Diploma with Honours in Psychotherapy
- Master of Social Sciences with Honours in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science (biology)