Kim is particularly interested in addictions of all types, trauma, abuse, PTSD, offending or criminal behaviors, borderline personality disorder, substance abuse, gender identity and sexual dysfunction concerns.
She also supports clients presenting with other complex conditions and backgrounds including anger management (court ordered and non-court ordered), gender dysphoria, LGBTIQ issues, sexual dysfunction, sexual disorders, and eating disorders (bulimia and bingeing). These truly complex backgrounds and conditions are where Kim shines as a Senior Clinical Psychologist.
Kim is known for her ability to put clients at ease and quickly provide an effective safe haven for them to explore, understand and create solutions. Using an holistic approach, she customises her approach for each client to ensure a supportive outcome. Validated and evidence based tools and approaches are the basis for assessment and treatment. While she draws on variety of approaches, her primary ones are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and Interpersonal Process Therapy.
Kim provides a variety of assessments for both youths (12-18 years) and adults. She has extensive experience in a variety of specialist psychometric tests to assess and/or diagnose a range of presentations. Please enquire with your specific needs.
She also provides psycho-legal reports including forensic risk, fitness to plea, and personality assessments. Please enquire with your specific needs.
Kim received her formal education in psychology and clinical psychology at Australia’s Curtin University and New Zealand’s Auckland University, respectively. She is a current registered member with AHPRA.
- Adults, male, female, LGBTIQ+ with complex conditions, histories or backgrounds
- Youth, 12-18 years
- Abuse, trauma
- Addictions of all types
- Anger, aggression
- Personality disorders including B Cluster borderline personality disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Interpersonal Process Therapy
* Kim also draws on other therapies and approaches depending on the needs of her clients.
- Bachelor Social Science (Psychology)
- Post Graduate Diploma Psychology
- Master of Science (Clinical Psychology)
- Post Graduate Diploma Clinical Psychology
- specialised training in various psychometric assessment tools