CLINICAL SUPERVISION – Dr. (Sam) Wee Hong Tan
Sam is a STAP trained and board approved supervisor for psychologists pursuing a clinical designation or seeking peer supervision.
Helping early-career psychologists develop their clinical skills and clinical reasoning is a particular passion.
Sam has specific interest in the “how-to” and process aspects of conducting psychotherapy sessions.
Humanistic Existential Psychotherapies:
- Focusing Oriented Therapy (Gendlin, 1981)
- Emotion Focused Therapy (Greenber et al., 2004, 2006)
- Person Centered Therapy (Rogers, 1995)
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR):
LGBTIQ issues including:
- Gender dysphoria, transitioning and social consequences
- Internalised homophobia / biphobia / transphobia
- Managing coming out
- Managing discrimination
Psychological Aspects of Chronic Health Problems
Existential issues including:
- Death anxiety
- Fear of responsibility and autonomy
- Meaninglessness in life
Having extensive experience in both hospital and private practice, Sam brings a wealth of experience to his supervision.
Contact 07 3211 1117 to book a complimentary conversation to speak with Sam so he can understand your needs and objectives and you can both determine if there is a fit for working together.