Psychological therapy in English and Mandarin Chinese for people with social anxiety, social awkwardness (usually due to a combination of being anxious around people, difficulties with social skills and a sense of low self-esteem); and low self-esteem is where clinical psychologist Wee Chong excels.
Wee Chong is a warm and humorous person. His approach to psychotherapy is person-centered. He focuses on understanding the person beyond their emotional problems. Wee Chong likes to help people better connect to themselves, others and the world they live in. Being keen on self-development, he also ‘walks his talk’ by applying his therapy methods and tools on himself.
Having worked in the mental health field in Singapore and Australia over the last 11+ years and now a Brisbane CBD psychologist, Wee Chong has clinical experience helping adults (18 and over) with:
Anxiety disorders (Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety, PTSD, specific phobias, social anxiety and OCD)
Issues faced by people adjusting to a new culture – particularly people from Asian backgrounds
Depression and bipolar disorder
Grief and loss struggles
Issues faced by Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered persons (sexual orientation, coming out, sexual identity, gender identity, discrimination)
Adjustment to chronic health problems (irritable bowel syndrome, HIV, chronic pain)
Struggles of caregivers of persons with dementia
Struggles with studying
Wee Chong has a special interest in social awkwardness (usually due to a combination of being anxious around people, difficulties with social skills and a sense of low self-esteem), social anxiety and low self-esteem.
Wee Chong provides psychological therapy in English and Mandarin Chinese.
Note: Wee Chong does not handle medico-legal cases, medico-legal reports nor drug and alcohol addiction issues.
- Young Adults (18 years and above)
- Adults (including the elderly)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered persons
- People from different cultures
- Person Centred Psychotherapies including:
- Focusing-Oriented Therapy (FOT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Psychology)(Hons)
- Member, Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency